Delft University of Technology is a modern university of science and technology. Its eight faculties are at the forefront of technological developments contributing to scientific advancement in the interests of world society. The university's excellent researcj and education standards are backed by outstanding facilities and research institutes.
The University maintains close links with (inter)national industry, a strategic alliance that guarantees the relevance of its many academic programmes and ensures rich career prospects for its graduates.
All programmes encourage creative and independent thinking with a focus on problem solving. The student body represents over ninety nationalities.
University research is concentrated in thirteen research centres:
- Computational science and engineering
- Earth: observation, utilization, ecology and engineering
- Information and communication technology
- Life sciene and technology
- Materials science
- Mechatronics and microsystems
- Mobility of persons and transport goods
- Next Generation Infrastructures
- Sustainable energy: extraction, conversion and use
- Sustainable industrial processes
- Sustainable urban areas
- Water: environment, cycles, infrastructure and management
- Aerospace Engineering
- Applied Science
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Industrial design Engineering
- Maritime and Materials Engineering
- Policy and Mangement